Vision & Values
Stoke Mandeville Combined School promote a caring and inspiring environment leading to achievement for all.
We aim to provide:
- A family ethos of support, challenge and encouragement.
- A broad, balanced and enriching curriculum.
- A stimulating, happy and caring environment.
- Equality of opportunity for all pupils in all areas of their education.
- A working partnership between school, parents, governors and the community.
- A variety of extracurricular activities and visits.
- A wide range of regularly updated and relevant learning resources.
- We also aim to empower staff to further develop their skills to raise pupil achievement.
ETHOS AND VALUES
At Stoke Mandeville Combined School, we place great emphasis on our values which underpin all that we do in school.
These values are:
To provide a caring environment which provides an inspiring curriculum meaning everyone achieves together.
The Governors and Staff of Stoke Mandeville Combined School are committed to the principle and practice of equality of opportunity, eliminating discrimination in any form and ensuring we fulfil our obligations under the Equality Act 2010.
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment which champions respect for all. We believe that every member of the school community should feel safe and valued and that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all. No form of discrimination will be tolerated and all incidents are investigated and reported on. There are clear procedures in place for dealing with bullying and incidents - please see anti-bullying policy.
Pupils at Stoke Mandeville Combined School are taught to respect and celebrate difference and understand that everyone, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, culture or disability is of equal worth and deserves equal access to every aspect of school life. Our school PHSE, Skills for Life curriculum is used to support the children's understanding of the different characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010.
Staff model respect and understanding in all their dealings within school. Empathy and care for others are part of our core values.